Chronic Health Conditions
If your child has a chronic health condition that requires some special help during the school day, please tell the school nurse. These conditions may include:
- An asthma condition and need for an inhaler or other medicine at school
- Severe allergy to insect or bee sings or a food allergy - which requires the use of an Ipipen or Anakit.
- A seizure condition which requires special attention.
- Diabetes and needing frequent snacks or other intervention.
- Leukemia or any need for special attention to infections.
- Bleeding tendencies whether from a medicine or a health condition.
- Specialized health care procedure, such as colostomy care, catheterization, or care of feeding tube.
- Any special devices used during the school day - braces, hearing aid, artificial limb, walker, glasses, or a wheelchair.