We believe that regular attendance is a requirement for the delivery of a sound education to the students. We realize that a program promoting regular attendance is a shared responsibility between the school and the student’s parents; thus, we encourage parental support for daily school attendance. All students are expected to attend school regularly and be on time for classes.
Enrollment in an approved participating WV Pre-k program is voluntary; however, once the child is enrolled, attendance must follow W. Va. Code 18-8-1, et seq., which allows the program administrator (i.e. principal, director, executive director), teacher and parent/guardian to disenroll the child if they concur that requiring further attendance for that school years is not in the best interest of the child. Once a child is disenrolled, re-enrollment is not guaranteed. WV Code 18-8-1
Pre-K Attendance Guidelines
- If you know that your child will be absent, notify the child’s teacher by 8:20 AM.
- When your child is absent, you must turn in a written excuse.
- When a child misses four consecutive days and no excuse is provided your child’s teacher will schedule a visit/conference.
- When your child misses 10 days within one semester your child’s teacher will schedule a conference with the school principal.
- If a child accumulates seven tardies to school, parents must come to school for a conference to correct the problem.